What is BMW X-Drive?
BMW X-Drive is a trademarked all-wheel drive system used in BMW vehicles. The X-Drive system was first introduced in 2003 with the BMW X5 and is now available in most BMW models. It offers improved handling, traction, and stability, particularly in adverse weather conditions or difficult terrain.
How does BMW X-Drive work?
The X-Drive system uses a front-to-rear torque split, with power being distributed electronically to each wheel as needed. The system can vary the torque split ratio, sending more power to the front or rear wheels depending on driving conditions. This allows the vehicle to maintain its stability and grip on roads or surfaces that may be wet, uneven, or slippery.
What are the benefits of BMW X-Drive?
The X-Drive system provides several benefits, including:
- Better traction in all weather conditions, including rain, snow, and ice.
- Improved handling and stability on slippery and uneven surfaces.
- Better acceleration and cornering capabilities.
Which BMW models offer X-Drive?
The X-Drive system is available in most BMW models, including:
- BMW X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, and X6 SUVs
- BMW 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, and 7 Series sedans and coupes
- BMW Z4 roadster
The BMW X-Drive system is a sophisticated all-wheel drive system that provides improved handling, traction, and stability in all weather conditions and types of terrain. It is available in most BMW models and is an excellent option for those looking for better performance and handling in their vehicle.